Friday, November 17, 2006

Krispy Kreme is almost here!

Krispy Kreme! This is probably the most famous doughnut (oh yeah, KK spells it that way and not d-o-n-u-t) and has gained such popularity and following that it’s like a Hollywood star! Well, it is actually. It has appeared in a number of Hollywood movies (either the actor actually says the words “Krispy Kreme” or it makes an appearance via its famous white and green box) Although Dunkin Donuts sometimes steals the role from KK. In fact, sometime after the 9/11 incident, I recall reading an article wherein someone was lamenting that his favorite KK store was in the World Trade Center. Obviously, it now has a career of its own (kinda like the infamous green Versace dress of J.Lo, which has achieved a career of its own independent of the gorgeous bod of J.Lo)

Anyway, anyway, after Mister Donut, Dunkin Donuts, Country Style Donuts (this showed a lot of promise at first but fizzled very quickly), GoNuts Donuts, and other donuts wannabes, here comes KRISPY KREME!!!! Opening on November 30 is KK’s first Philippine store right smack in the heart (or should I say, stomach) of Fort Bonifacio. (What is it with the Fort and donuts? Is there some kind of secret pact between the developer of Fort Bonifacio and the donut kingdom? Not too long ago, GoNuts made its first appearance at the Fort too). I was lucky enough to receive a box of KK doughnuts last night. So I gorged on them late last night, to the utter dismay of my trainer but to my extreme delight! I was planning on describing the whole KK experience but after reading Lori’s post, she described it perfectly. To do my own thing would not give justice to KK. (Neither do I intend to plagiarize her work).

Now I need to find someone who will unwittingly line up for me and buy my Krispy Kremes!

Soon: A Dissertation on Donuts: A Comparative Study

No comments: